PARIS EST TGV STATION
Restructuring of the station -Site surface : 33,100 m²
- Client: SNCF, ALTAREA (retails)
- Prime Contractor: SNCF Gares & Connexions, AREP / Design office: AREP, OTH (structure), Méthodes & Pilotage
- Delivery: 2007
Timed to coincide with the launch of TGV services, the Gare de l'Est has been restructured.
The original glass-tile roof vault spanning the left-luggage area, which was located in the centre of the 1930 building, has now regained its original function as a "light vault" housing the new passenger hall leading to the three metro lines. The vertical accessways leading to the metro lines have been modified, as have numerous existing areas which have hitherto been under-utilised and which are now earmarked for services and shops. Some 2,000 m² of additional sales surfaces and a supply centre have also been created. Car traffic has been regulated on the station forecourt. All these transformations create an image of a functional multi-modal transport hub that blends sensitively with an outstanding site, in accordance with passenger expectations.